Re: An isearch command that wraps?

P.S. -- I just want to add that the list archives at
        www.ruptured-duck.com are inaccessible because that host (or at
        least the web server there) seems to be down.  Otherwise,
        I might have been able to find an answer to my question there
        instead of posting it here.

At Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:49:44 -0500,
Lloyd Zusman wrote:

> Has anyone written an isearch command that wraps, sort of like the
> isearch does in Gnu Emacs?
>
> The following scenario illustrates what I mean:
>
>      Ctrl-s (start isearch)
>
>      Enter search string - jed incrementally finds the matching
>                            string as characters are entered
>
>      Ctrl-s - jed finds next occurrence of matching string
>
>      Ctrl-s - jed finds next occurrence of matching string
>
>      ... etc. ...
>
>      Ctrl-s - finally, there is no match: jed prints a message
>               indicating this fact
>
>  *** Ctrl-s - the search wraps to the top of the buffer, and the
>               first match is found again
>
>      ... etc. ...
>
> The key step in this process is the one that I marked with three
> asterisks ("***").  In other words, once a match is not found, if the
> isearch invocation key sequence is invoked again at that point, the
> search wraps to the top of the buffer and repeats.
>
> I'd like the same sort of thing to occur with a reverse isearch.
>
> I vaguely remember asking about this here a year or so ago and someone
> pointing me to some code that does something similar to this.  But
> unfortunately, I can't find that post nor the code that was descibed to
> me.
>
> Thanks in advance for any pointers you folks can give me to some code
> that will do this.
>

> --
>  Lloyd Zusman
>  ljz@xxxxxxxxxx