Re: Cryptic world of Jed programming modes

On 29.10.04, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> I'm writing because I'm working on a programming mode for the CRM114
> Discriminator programming language (http://crm114.sf.net/).

> There are three main things I can't seem to figure out how to do:
>
>      1. I've got indentation going, but I can't seem to make closing
>         curly braces ("}") line up with their matching opening brace.

You might have to write your own  function crm_insert_ket by copying
c_insert_ket from cmode.sl and modifying to your needs. You can try whether
setting the various C_* variables (find them with Help>Apropos C_) helps.

>      2. I'm not sure how to make comments line up with the preceding
>         statement.

I highly recomment using comments.sl for the work with comments.
There are some options for the comment_* functions in comments.sl. See the
help for set_comment_info().

>      3. Some modes have weird prefixes to the names of colors in
>         define_highlight_rule(), like "Knormal" or "PQstring". I haven't
>         seen any documentation on what the K or P or Q does. Any
>         suggestions?

These are most probabely custom color objects. Try to find the place where
they are defined. You might find something like

custom_variable("ListingSelectColor", color_number("menu_selection"));

(from listing.sl) or

static variable color_url = "keyword";

(from email.sl).

G.Milde web.de