Re: Permission problems

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 01:04:03PM -0300, Guto wrote:
> Whell, I have a big problem with this, because I edit a file (a pearl
> script) that runs with suid enable and I changed a line. When I saved
> it the script losts the suid bit, and the script stops to work... When
> you edit a file that have suid enable, IMHO editor needs to maintain
> the bit enable. VI works like that, emacs works like that, mcedit
> works like that, and so on....
Ah, it would appear that most editors do preserve set id bits, so in
that case it's pretty safe for jed to do so too. Keep in mind that if
you're not the file owner the suid and sgid bits _will_ suddenly start
disappearing though, and there's nothing we can do about it.

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 9106 FD0D
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl] ICQ#10074100                      D6D9 3E7D FAF0 92D1