Re: system () under Windows

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 09:08:33AM +0200, Guido Gonzato wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm facing a strange problem. The system () function doesn't appear to work
> properly under Windows: with some applications, Wjed gets suspended until
> the external program is closed.

Is there something like the "background operator" ('&') in Windoof?

> Running programs with open_process () works normally, but makes my code
> cumbersome (no more than one process per buffer, remember).

You might try the function bg_process(), that creates a buffer and
fopens there in the 1.2 version of ishell
http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/mode/ishell/1.2/ishell.sl

(I removed it from newer versions, as I thought it to be superfluous.)

It was never tested on Windows, though!

G.Milde at web.de