Re: asynchronous process problem

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:18:39AM -0500, John E. Davis wrote:
> Do you have some simple code that illustrates the problem?  (Other
> than downloading hyperman.sl and its dependencies)

define test_signal_handler(pid, flags, status)
{
   sw2buf("testbuf");
   buffer_keystring("this is a test");
   update(1);
}

define test()
{
   setbuf("testbuf");
   variable test_process = open_process("ls", 0);
   set_process(test_process, "signal", &test_signal_handler);
}

In JED, the "t" of "this is a test" will end up in the buffer where I call
test().  In xjed, everything ends up in the "testbuf" buffer, but the next
keyboard command goes into the previous buffer, and the "this is a test"
string seems to be stalled until I press a key.

Server.sl has the same problem, but there the buffer-switch is done in the
"output" process handler.

> There have been a number of changes to the subprocess code.  Perhaps
> the following bug-fix will solve the problem:
That's the "process killing and restarting won't work" patch.  Doesn't help.