Re: jsp mode

p.boekholt wrote:
lately I've needed to do a lot of work on jsp files, and I've run into a
rather annoying problem: there are two modes that might work on them
well, java and html.  But html isn't specific enough (the server side
bits confuse it), and java mode doesn't handle the html parts properly
and tends to munge indentation.  I've dug around the web and the jed
modes repository, but I haven't been able to find a jsp mode, or
anything similar.

Is jsp something like java embedded in special tags, like PHP? There is
a html+javascript mode written by Klaus Schmidt - it works by switching
between html-mode and javascript-mode, that's the only way to do this
with JED.

Yeah, that's about right. JSP is regular html with java between <% and %> tags. I'm not familiar with php, unfortunately (dang, maybe time to learn?), but that sounds similar.

I can't find this new mode though. Do you know what it was called, and where I could find it?

Thanks much!
John