Re: Hi + Questions

> > -Is it any way of mapping ^X-^D to "change working directory", just
>
> > like emacs?
>
> I don't know about emacs, but how about writing in your .jedrc|jed.rc
>
> define chdir_cmd()
> {
>    chdir(read_file_from_mini("Change working directory"));
> }
> setkey("chdir_cmd", "^X^D");

I have tried this a few times on a few different installations (Linux,
Windows, the last one on a clean install of windows) and it doesn't
work.

The first time it actually worked but it gave me an error ("not a file"
or something like that).

I am adding that code at the end of $JED_ROOT/lib/jed.rc

What am I doing wrong?

> > -PHP syntax highlighting does not highlight variables ($whatever)
> and
> > does not seem to care about the dollar sign when using
> auto-completion,
> > is it possible to enable that? Is it possible to enable that within
> > double quoted strings too?

> Do you mean dabbrev with auto-completion? How about declaring the $ a
> word-char?
>
> mode_set_mode_info("php", "dabbrev_word_chars", get_word_chars+"_$");

Did so in jed.rc and php.sl, no changes whatsoever, it still ignores
the $ sign (I tried $that = '';  then go on to the next line, type $
and then M-/, said "no more completions for " so it is not reading the
$).

> > -Is there an html mode with indentation?
>
> Yes, http://profs.sci.univr.it/~gonzato/jed/html.sl

Installed this one, as soon as I typed < it is converted to &lt;, > to
&gt;. Is this normal? I don't want autocomplete or anything, just
indentation, M-/ support and syntax highlight.

> > -If I have a long word that matches another smaller syntax
> highlight
> > the longer one never gets highlighted (IE, text-align never gets
> > highlighted 'cos text gets highlited first). Is there any way to
> change
> > that?
>
> No idea. Also, there are two grossly different highlighting schemes,
> traditional and dfa. You might have a look at the quite sophisticated
> latex mode by Guido Gonzato to see what can be done with dfa
> highlighting...

One thing at a time. Although s-lang looks like a decent programming
language and something I can understand (thanks god) I still don't have
the knowledge so I will have to allocate some time to learn.

Thanks for the answer.

Gabriel