Re: Fixes to "recent" and "tree" modes

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:42:14AM -0800, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
> Below are a couple of changes I had to make.  Perhaps they are
> suggested fixes, ... unless there is just something weird about my
> set-up?
It used to be define_highlight_rule, now it's dfa_define_highlight_rule.
Someone should replace all define_highlight_rules with
dfa_define_highlight_rules.  Unfortunately tree.sl is no longer
maintained by Fransesc, and Günter and I use filelist.sl (tree.sl
is nice, but slow).

>     define define_highlight_rule(a, b, c)
>     {
>         dfa_define_highlight_rule(a, b, c);
>     }
>
>     define build_highlight_table(a)
>     {
>         dfa_build_highlight_table(a);
>     }
There are still a few jed modes out there that use define_highlight_rule.
Maybe these functions should be in site.sl.

> In recent.sl, I changed:
>
>     autoload("what_line_if_wide", "bufutils");
>
> to:
>
>     autoload("what_line_if_wide", "sl_utils");
Apparently Günter changed his mind about where to put what_line_if_wide.
The best way to manage the autoloads for Günter's *utils is IMHO to not
write autoloads in the modes that use them, instead the user should use
make_ini.sl to make his own autoloads.