Re: Stack Overflow with grep mode

Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> Installed the grep mode today.

So it looks like you got an actual version...

> However when I do either way I get this error::
>
>  S-Lang Error: Stack Overflow: Num Args Stack Overflow
>
> What's wrong? It seems to work, but it'd be nice to get rid of this.

Unfortunately, I need some more info to tackle this...
(as currently, it works for me)

When does the error occure?
  * Do you get the buffer of results?
  * Is it in grep_mode? (The status line should be something like
    Grep: grep -n ...)
  * Can you jump to the lines in the list (by pressing Enter)
  * does  M-x filelist_list_dir show the same error?
    (than it is in filelist.sl)

Some more debug info:
  * Insert
      _debug_info = 1;
      _traceback = 1;
    at the beginning of grep.sl (and/or possibly filelist.sl)

  * Trigger the error
  * Look at the *traceback* buffer

If the *traceback* looks cryptic to you, send it as private mail.

BTW: a new version of grep and helpers is on the way...

G.Milde at web.de