Re: _jed_find_file_before_hooks

g.milde@xxxxxx <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:
>My request would be a change of policy:
>
>Filename expansion should occure *after* the _jed_find_file_before_hooks are
>tried, hence feeding the hooks in this chain the original argument to
>find_file.

I will think about it.  I wonder if in the long run it would better to
support some sort of URI syntax of the form scheme://path where scheme
indicates how path is to be treated.  The default scheme would be file.
Examples include:

   file:///path/to/file              (/path/to/file)
   /path/to/file
   http://server/path/to/file        (use, e.g., wget)
   \\server\path\to\file             (windows share on server)
   C:\path\to\file                   (/path/to/file on drive C)

Regarding:

> * filelist_find_file_hook opening "filename" in dired/filelist mode if it
>   is a directory
>   -> instead of opening a directory, an empty file in this
>   directory is opened when the current buffer is attached to a file.

Instead of opening, e.g., "/home/bob/dir/", have you tried omitting
the trailing slash, or trying "/home/bob/dir/."?  I use the feature
that is getting in your way all the time, and it is necessary for the
emacs emulation.  Hmmm, this useful feature seems to not be present in
emacs 21.