save blocal vars

Hi,

I hate it to configure the mode everytime I open a file. For example, I
compose all my latex file with latex to get a dvi output. But now I need
a pdf output. But I don't want to reset the default.

Vi or emacs writes at the end something like:
% Local Variables:
% fill-column: 120
% TeX-master: t
% End:

I don't know what they mean, but I took this idea and write with a
_jed_save_buffer_before_hooks my blocal vars to the end of the file. But
it's more a hack, because it should only happen on closing of the buffer.

Does anyone something similar for another mode? Maybe it is interesting
in other cases.

Is it possible to get the names of all blocal vars?

Bye, Jörg.

--
Man(n) sollte nie einer Frau wiedersprechen !
Man(n) sollte immer warten, bis sie es selbst erledigt.