Re: An easier find_file?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:55:18PM +0200, Guido Gonzato wrote:
> Hello fellows,
>
> I use Jed as the editing engine of a music notation system, JedABC
> (http://abcplus.sourceforge.net/#JedABC), which is widely used by Windows
> users.
>
> I'd like to replace the usual emacs-like find_file () with something less
> intimidating for newbies, but I don't have time to write it myself. Is
> there anything around? Jedmodes doesn't have anything similar.

Did you try filelist from JMR?  With the find-file-hook suggested in the
documentation, it opens directories in a bufed-like matter (but much nicer).
You can browse to the file searched for and open it with Enter.

You could also bind F3 (or ^O) to

require("filelist");
setkey("filelist_list_dir(buffer_dirname)", "^O");

to skip the initial minibuffer-response (buffer_dirname is in bufutils.sl
which comes with the sl_utils mode).

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de