Re: API

Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>This is the point I'm interessted in: Is the memory gain of small helpers
>greater or lesser than the speed gain? And

Using go_up_1 defined as

   define up_1 ()
   {
      up(1);
   }
   define go_up_1 ()
   {
   }

is always going to be slower than "() = up(1)" because of the
additional function call overhead.  If speed is an issue, you should
use it instead of go_up_1.  However, it uses 3x the byte-code of
go_up_1.  So, for uses where speed is not critical, go_up_1 is a
better alternative.