Re: Namespaces for modes?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 11:05:42PM +0200, Klaus Schmid wrote:
> Supposed it will be not required to invoke this function at the
> "Slang>" or "M-x" prompt, I would prefer to do it with a namespace
> like that:
> in jed.rc:
> define calendar_mode_hook( configs)
> {
>    configs.max_lines= 10;
>    @configs.fp_mark_diary_entries();
> }
So it can be done, but nevertheless public functions provide more flexibility.
 - You still can't autoload it. What if the calendar package were made up of
   20 files?
 - what if the mode had 20 hooks?
 - What if I don't want marking on starting the calendar, but I do want a
   function that will start calendar and mark?