optional arguments

Hi,

in slang.txt section "4.1.5 Null_Type" is an example given, that show,
how to use NULL for functions with optional arguments. But this example
doesn't work if I call add_numbers() and what's my problem, I don't see
how to use this with functions with one argument.

#v+
define bla(test)
{
   if (test != NULL)
     message(string(test));
   else
     message("No argument");
}
bla()
#v-

This crashes with a stack underflow at string(). I think slang is
somewhat inconsistent with initalisation of arguments.

Joerg.