Re: C-mode indentation: parameters

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:00:31PM +0200, Marko Mahni'c wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here is a patch that enables one to indent function call parameters like
> this:
>
>       foothatdoessomething(
>             p1,
>             p2);
>
> instead of this:
>
>       foothatdoessomething(
>                            p1,
>                            p2);

This is a feature I liked to have for long (but not so strong I invented the
solution myself). Thanks a lot.

> To enable the feature, in your .jedrc (jed.rc) add
>
> custom_variable ("C_Param_Offset_Max", N);
>
> where N is the maximum number of characters to indent from previous line.
> If N is less than 0, feature is disabled. In the example above, N=6.

You could also write (in .jedrc)
   variable C_Param_Offset_Max = 3;
(as custom_variable is the helper function that lets the mode recognize your
setting and give a default otherwise).

Unfortunately, the second hunk was rejected by my patch, yet after applying
the patch by hand, it works nicely.

I recommend the inclusion of this patch into the next jed release.

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de