Mail mode

> > Günter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not really, but I have an idea for handling quoted text: how about using the
> comments.sl functions for quoting and dequoting by
>   set_comment_info("> ", "", flags);
> in mail_mode()?
>
> In order to do this, routines to reformat a quoted text should be
> incorporated (as reformat_comment) into comments.sl. I'd volunteer for this,
> if there is a chance this gets into the distribution one day...

Reformatting for comments would be nice. However comments and mail quotes
are two different things, because mail can  be quoted multiple levels
whereas in comments only the first "%" character is significant (but if you
have "%%%" at the beginning of the line that's a section separator and
should be left alone).

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 12:20:10PM +0200, Romano Giannetti wrote:
> I use a hacked up version of muttmail.sl, basically because it has a working
> quote/dequote and format quoted text function.
That's muttmail, I use that one because unlike Ulli's and Thomas' mailmode
it leaves a space between >> chars. But it doesn't recognize a change in
quoting level as a paragraph separator, and it does lots of stuff I don't
need. All I want is reformatting of quoted text, and a good par_sep_hook.

BTW mutt users should get server.sl from JMR>misc if you have the
emacsclient and emacsserver programs.