Re: Re: about the "Recent Files" feature

Guido Gonzato <ggonza@xxxxxx> wrote:
>because of consistency with any application I'm aware of that has a recent
>file list. In all such applications, the user gets the list at the bottom
>of the File menu by default (and usually cannot disable this feature). Jed
>works the opposite way, you don't have it unless you explicitly enable it.

Perhaps a reasonable compromise would be to have a list of features to
be loaded at startup after loading the personal .jedrc file, with a
mechanism to modify that list before the loading takes place.  For
example,

   % code in site.sl
   static variable Default_Feature_List = Assoc_Type[];
   public define jed_add_feature (f)
   {
      Default_Feature_List[f] = 1;
   }
   public define jed_remove_feature (f)
   {
      assoc_delete_key (Default_Feature_List, f);
   }
   % Add features
   jed_add_feature ("recent");
      .
      .

   % load jedrc startup file code
      .
      .
   % Now load features
     foreach (Default_Feature_List) using ("keys")
       {
          feature = ();
	  require (feature);
       }

Then, suppose that someone does not like the "recent" files feature.
That that person's .jedrc file could contain

   jed_remove_feature ("recent");

Sound reasonable?