Re: FAQ entry regarding the TAB key

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:05:00 +0800 wrote Andy Sy <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> As a jed newbie (using cua mode), I was endlessly
> frustrated by the behaviour of the TAB key till I
> realized it automatically indents the line the cursor
> is on according to syntax which is quite neat after
> all!
>
> A FAQ entry pointing this out would help other
> newbies greatly.

But it already is there:

jed_faq.txt:

13. The TAB key is broken--- it does not insert TABs!

refers to

3. What is C mode?

where the indent_line function is explained!

The other way to find out is to use Help>Show_Key to find the function bound
to the key and Help>Describe_Function to see what it does...

(And if you are a lucky possessor of my extended hyperlinked help mode from
                          http://jedmodes.sf.net/
 the second step can be replaced by simply pressing Enter on the result of
 the first help request :-)

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de