paragraph separator

Hi jedies,

Again I want to have the cake and eat it:

In latex, as well as in structured text, I would like list items to be
paragraph separators. So I define an appropriate hook. But:

Lines that are marked as paragraph separator don't get formatted when
calling format_paragraph :-(

So how can I define/declare a line, that is both, paragraph separator and
first line of the paragraph itself?

Günter

Here is what I have so far:

% lines that start or end a paragraph:  empty line or list
define st_is_paragraph_separator()
{
   push_spot ();
   EXIT_BLOCK {pop_spot ();}
   bol_skip_white ();
   % empty line
   if (eolp)
     return 1;
   % list
    if (st_is_list()) % i.e. if line starts with "* ", "+ ", or 2<digits>. "
%   The following stops further working of format_paragraph
%      {
%         eol_trim();
%         if (what_column() > WRAP) % format, in case line is longer as WRAP
%           {
%              goto_column(WRAP);
%              bskip_chars("^ \t");
%              !if (bobp())
%                   newline();      % newline_and_indent
%                   indent_line();  % would use a different hook
        return 1;
     }
   return(0);

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de