Re: dfa_define_highlight_rule

John E. Davis <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JED> Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>For instance in a line looking like
>>
>>   msgid " as audio track, it's a directory "
>>
>>I'd like to highlight the blanks before and after the '"'.

JED>    In the above example, a blank occurs before the first quote, after
JED> the first quote, and before the last quote.  I think that the dfa
JED> syntax highlighting will not work if two or more regular expressions
JED> apply to a given set of characters.  In the above example, this occurs
JED> for first occurance of ' "' and for the first occurance of '" '.
JED> Since both rules apply to the same '"' character, both rules get
JED> rejected. Since I did not write the dfa syntax highlighting code, I do
JED> not know if this decision is by design.  But clearly there is an
JED> ambiguity in this case.

Thanks for the explanation. I have changed the rule to look
like this

   dfa_define_highlight_rule("[ \t]\"[ \t]+", begblank, name);

then the blank between 'msgid' and '"' also gets highlighted
but I can live with that.

I suppose the rule to highlight untranslated strings that I
asked about in <20021102201050.GA14683@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> is
not doable? Anyway, I have now just created a search function
which is in a way better although a complimentary highlighting
wouldn't hurt.

If I get to the point where I don't have to feel embarrased of
publicizing my po.sl I will of course do so.

Regards,

Morten

--
"Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be
 recalled and perhaps remedied."                         (Pearl S. Buck)