Re: Indenting buffer

Lukasz Grabun <grabek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>While in LaTeX mode:
>
>[1]. Choose indent buffer from Mode menu

   I do not see it on the mode menu of the latex mode that is
distributed with jed.  Instead I see indent
region/section/environment.

Try this:

\begin{document}
cursor here
\begin{bar}
there
\begin{zap}
everywhere
\end{zap}
\end{bar}
\end{document}

With the cursor on "cursor here", "indent region" from the
mode menu should produce:

\begin{document}
here
\begin{bar}
    there
    \begin{zap}
        everywhere
    \end{zap}
\end{bar}
\end{document}

So, it appears to be working for me.

>[2]. C-X C-S
>[3]. Choose indent buffer from Mode menu - nothing changes, but jed
>status bar indicates changes were made.
>[4]. Executing C-X C-S does not show the message "Buffer is not
>changed" but it saves the unchanged buffer.

Probably whitespace was affected.  Try looking at a "diff" between the
2 files (before and after).