Re: xjed and keypad, pc-select-mode

On Thursday 22 August 2002 09:54, Guenter Milde wrote:
> My idea would be to create a xkeydefs.sl file for the Key-combinations that
> work only under X-Win.
>
> Take keysymdef.h and modify it in jed (with regular expression replacement
> or rectangle commands) from
>
> #define XK_BackSpace                0xFF08        /* back space, back char
> */

> static variable XK_BackSpace =                0xFF08        % back space,
> back char
>
> and so on, for all keysyms that are supported by jed. John E. D. wrote:
>    > Look in /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h.  The file on my system lists
>    > nearly 1500 keysyms.  Xjed supports keysyms in the range 0xFF00 to
>    > 0xFFFF.

Done.

> The last step would be to bind the keysyms to the strings.
>
>    x_set_keysym (Int_Type keysym, Int_Type shift, String_Type str)
>
> All in all a pretty long file...
>
> After this, the user only had to do
>
>   require("x-keydefs")
>
> in order to bind something to Key_Shift_Enter and the like.
>
> My dream solution would be to have a function, that does the required steps
> automatically, so I could do for example
>
> #ifdef XWINDOWS
> x_definekey("<Shift><Enter>", "open_fold");
> #endif

I have only done a few bind (the one I need for pc-select-mode indeed) for the
moment, I'll work on a generic way to add keysym later, I will be very busy
until late September.

You can find xkeysyms.sl, and pc-select.sl in
http://www.lrde.epita.fr:800/~burrus_n/pub/jed/ .

The first thing to resolve in the ascii string to associate with keysyms, I
don't use standard sequences yet.

Nevertheless pc-select-mode seems to work quite fine, even if I don't like the
actual version of the code, not factorized enough, but I'm just learning
slang so please be indulgent :)

--
Nicolas Burrus