Re: Jed on QNX: How to set K&R style in cmode ?

John, thanks for you help.

Can I assume from your reply that in latest Jed I can
set K&R style for cmode with the following lines in my
.jedrc :

C_BRA_NEWLINE = 0;
c_set_style ("K&R");

What else should I write in .jedrc ?
Can you please send an example of .jedrc for this case
?

Thanks,
Dima

--- "John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dmitri Kondratiev <d_kondr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Please help, I couldn't find this in FAQ.
> >I am trying to set K&R style for source formating
> in
> >cmode.
> [...]
> >To do so I did in .jedrc (on QNX)
> >C_BRA_NEWLINE = 0;
> >
> >Doesn' help.
> >
> >On Redhat 7.3 in .jedrc I did:
> > c_set_style ("K&R");
>
> It sounds like you are running an old version on
> QNX.  If I were you,
> I would upgrade to the most recent version.
>
> >Also I couldn't find any document how to write and
> >install S-lang programms, other then from command
> >line.
>
> Unlike perl, python, etc, slang is primarily used as
> an embedded
> interpreter to make a program extensible, e.g., jed
> is such a program.
> Nevertheless, the slang distribution comes with a
> simple shell program
> called slsh that is capable of running slang
> scripts.  Also, jed
> 0.99-16 will allow one to more easily create
> executable scripts
> running jed in script mode.  Here is the relevant
> changes.txt entry:
>
> 11. src/main.c: If jed-script is symlinked to jed,
> then the result is
>     equivalent to running jed with the -script
> option.  This is useful
>     for using jed in an executable script, e.g.,
>
>          #!/usr/bin/env jed-script
>   vmessage ("Script name: %s", __argv[0]);
>   quit_jed ();
>
> I hope this helps.
> Thanks,
> --John