Some miscellaneous Jed questions

Hi all.  I'm new to Jed, and I have the following questions:

* How do I stop the menu from popping up when I use key combinations
  such as ESC-f, ESC-b, etc?  I want to have these keys move
  forward/backwards via words.  I use the Emacs-emulation keybindings.

* Is it a bug or a feature that there are no separate histories for
  different operations in the minibuffer.  For example, if I use the
  S-Lang interpreter for any commands, then I use the minibuffer
  history when finding a file, I still get the S-Lang expressions in
  the history.  Is this desired behaviour?  Any plans for disjoint
  histories?

* Searching.  The standard isearches seem to be case-insensitive.  Is
  there any way to give more intelligent Emacs-like behaviour, whereby
  a lower query is case insensitive, but a query containing upper-case
  letter is case-sensitive?

* How do I search by regular expressions?

* Can I get Emacs-style bindings in the minibuffer too?

* When doing completions on filenames, the whole path is printed in
  the completions buffer.  Is there any way to omit the path part from
  the possible completions?

* Is there support for speeding up the edit-compile-debug cycle, in a
  similar sense to Emacs's M-x compile command?

Thanks for any help.

Andrew.