Re: strange behaviour with SuSE8.0

Am Montag, 20. Mai 2002 12:32 schrieb Charl P. Botha:
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:02:08AM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> > Frank v Waveren <fvw@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > >This has been discussed before, it happens with all QT progs as far as
> > >I know. I couldn't find anything simple that caused it, but an xmon
> > >snoop might reveal more. Interesting point that strings shorter than 4
> > >chars do copy correctly...
> >
> > Is the problem specific to xjed or does it occur with other programs
> > as well?
>
> I have seen this happen when trying to paste from mutt running in an aterm
> into psi, a jabber client that uses QT.  It's quite strange: only 4
> characters are successfully pasted into psi.  However, if I cut from mutt,
> the paste into a normal aterm, then recut and paste into psi, all goes
> well. This happened in more situations than with mutt alone, but always
> with psi as paste target.
>
> However: since I've started trying out KDE 3.0 (before I was using either
> pwm, icewm, fvwm or windowmaker), this behaviour has gone away.  It could
> also be because my psi was upgraded in the process of the KDE upgrade.
>
> I do believe this is a QT problem.  If anyone is interested, I could
> probably try to reproduce the behaviour.

Yes, I am -- if there is a chance to indentify and solve the problem with
not too much work on your side.

And Thanks for sharing your experience with KDE and QT.
Really strange.
My package manager says qt3 is installed, SuSE8.0/KDE3.0, new
CD-installation -- and pasting from xjed does not work.

So maybe we have not exactly the same version.
How can I check this?

Thanks
Klaus