Re: confused about xjed

On Thu, 16 May 2002 09:50:54 +0200 wrote Joachim Schmitz <js@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> what's the difference between jed and xjed. I did a make xjed, and xjed was
> created in src/objs/xjed, but when I invoke that file, the normal jed shows
> up, and in the statusline it says "Jed 0.99.15", what I am missing
> something here ?

xjed is a X frontend to jed. It opens jed in a separate window (did it? if
not there is something strange going on).

I fact the window looks very the same as a text terminal with jed running.
The differences are more subtle: xjed has a (IMHO) far better mouse support,
xjed allows a better key konfiguration (i.e. it distinguishes more
key-kombinations by default and it can be programmed to know even more:
Example: I almost all the time use xjed, as there I can have the cua-like
(i.e. "normal") selection mechanism via Shift+Arrow-key. This doesnot work
with xterm/aterm + jed as there Shift Up scrolls the whole "screen"...

For more details see Help>Browse Docs>xjed

Guenter

--
G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx