Re: Re: Umlauts not working anymore after upgrading to SuSE 8.0

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:10:08 +0200 wrote Jens.Wulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> #ifdef IBMPC_SYSTEM
> % DISPLAY_EIGHT_BIT = 128;
> #else
> % DISPLAY_EIGHT_BIT = 160; % Other systems assume ISO Latin 1
> #endif

Seems like the most obvious. (You can test the current setting with
Help>Describe_Variable: DISPLAY_EIGHT_BIT)

Questions: Is the problem the same for xjed?
           Did you install jed from the SuSE (does SuSE really have a
           brand-new jed in 8.0?? All SuSE versions I know are miles behind)

Second hint: (ugly) When I upgraded to SuSE 7.3, my xjed showed a very
strange behaviour: characters and cursor were out of sync: (every
self_insert let the cursor jump 2 places) the buffer looked totally weird.
I supposed that might have to do with unicode support (but never found out)
and just compiled new from the source rpm. This solved my problem.
(I know, this sounds a lot like the typical windowish: "just reinstall" I
really don't like, but at least it helped)

Guenter

--
G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx