Page feeds in c-mode

I'm hoping someone understands c-mode and can give me a quick fix?

I like to use formfeeds (Control L) in my source code. I do this in C to
mark the start of new sections so they print how I want them. All of the C
compilers I've ever used have just ignored formfeeds as white space.

Jed of course displays them as ^L - I can live with that.

But C-mode indentation seems to take notice of them! So when I re-indent my
code I see things like:

{
    i = 0 ;
    i = 0 ;
    ^L
      i = 0 ;
    i = 0 ;
}

(Bet that doesn't come out right!). The ^L formfeed has been indented from
the start of the line where I put it. The next line is indented an extra two
characters - which is what I would want in a continuation line.

I'm sure there must be a way of making C-mode just ignore these characters?

(actually it used to several releases of Jed ago!).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick