Re: getting jed working in cygwin

In message <1017379409.14580.24.camel@diphthong>, Duncan Mak
<duncan@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi,
>
>Are there precompiled versions of Jed for Cygwin? I compiled s-lang and
>that worked fine, but compiling jed stops in jprocess.c because of a
>missing stropts.h header.

I gave up trying (there are more errors later). Best I've managed is a
MINGW32 build under cygwin... it has a few problems running shell
processes (misdirected process output and unexplained crashes) but
works.

Using cygwin to compile the MINGW32 target requires an extra flag in the
makefiles.

Specifically:
 slang 1.4.5 needs -mno-cygwin added to CFLAGS
 jed 0.99.15 needs -mno-cygwin added to CFLAGS,WLINK_CMD & probably
LINK_CMD

--
Paul Shirley