[jed-users] Delayed display refresh in xjed

I've noticed an odd delay for a while now in my xjed sessions.  Screen
refreshes sometimes don't catch up until some other redraw action seems to
"flush" them.  Common examples:

- Save a file and the status bar "dirty buffer" indicator doesn't change.

- Insert or delete a character from the keyboard, or paste a word using
the mouse and the change isn't displayed.

- Using compile mode results from the asychronous process don't show up on
the screen.  (For example I just started a compile and went to get some
water, when I came back several minutes later the screen didn't show the
results until I  clicked on the buffer.  The compile had completed in
under 15 seconds.)

I can't really swear that this does or doesn't happen locally since I
spend most of my time working on our development server cluster.

System details:
  xjed 0.99.15
  X session forwarded via ssh to KDE (or FVWM?) desktop
  Mandrake Linux 8.1 running Xfree86 4.1 (Workstation X server)
  Debian Potato or Woody (where the xjed is being launched from)

Can anyone provide a clue here?  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is this an
xjed thing?  A kde thing?  An ssh thing?

Out network is generally very fast, as are the hosts in the cluster, and
the behaviour doesn't look like typical lag, since another action will
seem to make it remember what it was doing and refresh the screen
instantly.

Thanks...

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!