Re: ishell & gnuplot problems

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:58:59 +0100 (CET) wrote Francesc Rocher <f.rocher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm trying to use 'ishell' and 'gnuplot' modes, but I get these
> errors:
>
> ishell.sl:
>
>    Undefined Name: smart_set_blocal_var is undefined
>
> gnuplot.sl:
>
>    Undefined Name: make_tmpdir_tmp_file is undefined
>
> Clearly, these functions (and probably more than these) are not
> included on these files. Someone else had problems? Or I missed
> something?

My foult, sorry for this.

It is due to the modular structure of all my extensions and to the automatic
declaration of helper functions with the "home-lib" and "make_ini" modes
(now also available on jmr). Drawback of this is, that I don't realize when
such a declaration is missing in a "standalone file".

I fixed these (smart_set_blocal_var is no longer needed,
make_tmpdir_tmp_file is now included in ishell.sl and autoloaded from there
in gnuplot).

As there was a bug in the New Version web interface when I tried last (and I
suppose it is still there), I don't upload these as a new version but just
updated the actual files (Watch for the line
  %   Version 1.01: fixed a bug with missing functions
)

I hope the new version will compile without errors... (please report your
experience)

BTW: using ishell_mode it was very easy to issue the upload command

scp ../ishell.sl shell.sf.net://home/groups/j/je/jedmodes/htdocs/mode/ishell/1.00/download/ishell.sl

with jed (from a file where I keep track of my jmr projects). (Minor
drawback: the password is echoed in cleartext).

Guenter

--
G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx