Re: [jed-users] my latex mode updated (error)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:12:27 -0500 wrote John E. Davis <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Johann Gerell <johann.gerell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >When loading your new latex mode, I get
> >
> >  S-Lang Error: Undefined Name: ide_begin_block is undefined
> >
> >That function resides in ide.sl and shouldn't be called, since I'm using
> >emacs emulation and your code goes
> >
> >  if (_Jed_Emulation == "ide")           (1)
> >     ide_begin_block ();                 (2)
> >
> >Simple question. Why is line 2 evaluated when I use emacs emulation?
>
> It does not get evaluated.  The error you are seeing is coming from
> the parser.  A workaround is to put
>
>     autoload ("ide_begin_block", "ide");
>
> in your .jedrc file.  The real solution is to modify latex mode so
> that it does not depend upon such key-binding specific functions.

After thinking about it and discarding my first suggestion, I suggest to put
the
     autoload ("ide_begin_block", "ide");
into latex.sl. Then it could keep compatibility with the ide emulation and
on the same time be usable by people using another emulation without changing
their .jedrc.

GM

--
G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx